Albuquerque is known for its diversity in culture and dining options. Within walking distance, we have our two on-site restaurants. Sadie’s, located within the hotel, is one of Albuquerque’s top restaurants featuring authentic New Mexican foods and drink. The Owl Café, located within the front parking lot, features family sized breakfast, lunch and dinner options in a southwestern 50’s style diner. Other restaurants in our neighborhood include Applebee’s, Panda Express and Sonic.
If you don’t mind a quick jaunt to other restaurants – a vast array can be found within 3 miles. Some of these top choices include Carl’s Jr., Chili’s, Elephant Bar, Golden Corral, IHOP, Jason’s Deli, McDonald’s, Taco Cabana and others. Local favorites are also available like Flying Star, Golden Pride, India Palace, Paul’s Monterrey Steakhouse, Powdrell’s BBQ and others. Our hotel staff can guide you to areas of dining interest as well like Downtown, Nob Hill, Old Town and the Uptown Shopping area.
Is the outdoor person in you looking for golfing, hiking or skiing?
- If golf is your forte, we have the following courses within minutes of our hotel:
- Four Hills Country Club – 4 miles
- Isleta Eagle Golf Course – 12.5 miles
- Los Altos Public Golf Course – 1 mile
- Pa’ako Ridge Golf Course – 20 miles
- Sandia Golf Club – 14.5 miles
- UNM Championship Golf Course – 11.9 miles
- Hiking more to your liking? Try any of these for your hiking pleasure:
- Elena Gallegos - 8.6 miles
- Historic District (Old Town, Downtown, BioPark) – 7 miles
- La Luz Trail – 11.8 miles
- Rio Grande Nature Center – 10.6 miles
- Petroglyph National Park – 15.8 miles
- Sandia Peak – 10.2 miles
- And finally, if you are a winter skier or snowboarder, the closest option we have is the Sandia Peak. Within 15 minutes, you can hop on the Aerial Tramway and experience a breathtaking ascent to the top of the beautiful Sandia Mountains. The Sandia Peak also offers biking and hiking trails for your spring and summer recreation.
- If your travels to Albuquerque include sightseeing and the varied attractions and events, may we recommend some of the following?
- ABQ. Biopark
- Balloon Fiesta Park
- Downtown Albuquerque
- Expo NM
- Gathering of Nations Pow-wow
- Hispanic Cultural Center
- Historic Route 66
- Historical Old Town Albuquerque
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
- National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- NM Veterans’ Memorial
- Nob Hill
- Petroglyph National Monument
- Pueblos near Albuquerque
- Sandia Peak Tram
- Santa Fe
- Tinkertown Museum
- Turquoise Trail
- University of New Mexico
- Uptown Shopping District
Credit: Jay Blackwood